11/1/06

無了期的油畫


Belgian surrealist René François Ghislain Magritte , 1898-1967

I will leave the comment of this painting to the art expert. Lately, I try to see quite an amount of paintings, especially those of the technique trompe l'oeil(*1), cause I want to attempt to paint an illusion of a window for the wall facing the front entrance of my parents house. It'd be nice, to dab a few clouds into the still blue sky, outside of a window sill decorated with a vase, perhaps full of lilies or tulips. However, this project might be on hold for another 2 or 3 years, cause the painting supplies & equipments are quite expensive in HK. Other than that, I can imagine the nauseating fumes from the turpentine and sickening smell of linseed oil locked up within a small space. (That's why most painters never get rich, they'd very soon suffocate themselves to death.) Perhaps, it'd be wise to just get back to the basic black & white of the chinese calligraphy, I can get it done in an hour drunk.

*1:Trompe l'oeil literally means "trick the eye".

No comments: